Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eat, Be Merry, and Exercise


As Thanksgiving fast approaches and we look forward to all those special foods to enjoy over the coming weeks. Maybe now is the perfect time to start or crank up our exercise programs. Now is a great time to take stock of where we are and where we’d like to be before this year draws to a close.

Maintaining or even losing weight in these last few weeks of the year can be a big challenge. With so much good food to enjoy over the Holidays, the average adult can easily gain over a pound just in December alone!

I know I’m already looking forward to a big slice of Mom’s homemade pumpkin pie! And who can resist a little gravy on their meat and potatoes at Thanksgiving?

Then comes the annual Christmas parties. Festive affairs with families, friends, and lots of delicious delicacies! These weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas often include a bounty of tasty treats in workplace break rooms around the world. I’m really looking forward to Dad’s annual batch of peanut brittle. The Christmas season just wouldn’t be the same without it.

Visions of sugarplums and all these tasty treats are already causing me to loosen my belt a notch. I swear I can gain weight just thinking about all the Christmas goodies! Maybe now would be a good time to start burning a few more calories each day! Maybe I should try to get in a little more exercise this week – and every chance I get.

Maybe I should strive to enjoy plenty of fresh fruit, and vegetables over the coming weeks. There is still time to lose a few pounds before this year goes into the record books. Maybe I can avoid gaining weight again this year! Maybe – if I keep up my efforts toward getting in shape - I can even lose a few pounds! Maybe!

No comments: