Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stay Positive - Believe You Can Enjoy Better Fitness!


I was almost embarrassed to walk out onto the court that afternoon. Since our wedding day I hadn't played much tennis. Hadn't jogged the usual 15 - 20 miles each week. My daily walks turned into twice a week at best. I was getting a pot belly. Months of great eating and several beers every day were adding up. In my waistline!

It was time to take action. To get back into that size 32 waist. Time to get off the couch and start getting some exercise again. So, I enrolled in a class at the local University and started using their fitness center when the weather outside was just too cold! Running on the indoor gym floor was nice. Seeing all those young college kids in their skinny little frames gave me some encouragement!

I'll never be 18 again. But that doesn't mean I can't regain the same level of fitness that I had when I was younger. Oh sure, getting around the tennis court may not be as effortless or as fast as your typical teenage tennis buff! But we can have the same amount of fun. Reap the same healthy benefits!

You can make it just one more lap around that jogging course! You can do another set of reps! Enjoy the feeling that inevitably kicks in every time you wrap up a good 30 minute workout! Feel the sweat on your brow! Smile as you slowly return to your normal heart rate and breathing. Close your eyes and see yourself looking younger - and feeling younger at the pool or beach this Summer! Visualize your success!

If I can drop 25 pounds in three months - you can too! It really wasn't that hard. Taking a brisk walk every evening after dinner. Running 3 or 4 miles five days a week. Weights and ab exercises three times a week. BAM - in just a few short months you'll see a difference! And feel it! You can drop those unwanted pounds. You can start getting in shape - fast! And you can look younger and feel younger when you consistently pursue better fitness!

No comments: